There are millions of sufferers of vertigo in the world today. Whether the condition is chronic or stems from the onset of migraine headaches, vertigo is an unpleasant sensation that makes the most basic of daily tasks difficult to bear.
Although most doctors prescribe medications for the treatment of vertigo, there are less invasive therapies available to tackle the condition. In fact, the chiropractic team at Straight Forward Clinics has helped many vertigo sufferers, leading them live happier and pain-free lives. If you suffer from vertigo, find out what relief we can offer you.
What causes vertigo? An issue with the inner ear most often causes vertigo. This leads to an imbalance that prevents the individual from standing, sitting or functioning comfortably in an upright motion. Some of the most common causes of vertigo are:
● Meniere’s disease – A build-up of fluid and changing pressure in the inner ear leads to this disorder
● BPPV – Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo is caused by the buildup of small calcium particles in the inner ear canal
● Vestibular neuritis – An inner ear disorder usually caused by an infection
● Brain tumour
● Neck injury
● Back injury
● Certain medications unfortunately, the causes of vertigo are many, which makes treatment all that much more tricky. Trained professionals specialised in the treatment of vertigo are recommended for this disorder so that they may understand the cause and treat it accordingly.
Symptoms and Treatment of Vertigo
Vertigo can be an uncomfortable feeling that gives off the sensation of a lack of balance. As such, many sufferers will have a difficult time sitting or standing upright. The most common symptoms are:
● Lack of balance
● Headaches or migraines
● Jerking eye movements
● Hearing lossTo best target the symptoms and the vertigo itself, rehabilitation led by a trained professional is a necessary vertigo treatment. A chiropractor can hone in on the actual cause of the vertigo in order to tackle the pressure points that might be exacerbating the issue. Unlike medications and other invasive treatments, a chiropractor can help you find a solution purely by understanding the overall functioning of your body.
As such, a trained vertigo chiropractor at Straight Forward Clinics is the best, and safest, of all vertigo remedies available on the market today. We can assess your condition and target the pressure points that are causing your vertigo. Regular therapy will ensure relief and long-term recovery from the condition.
Are you suffering from vertigo but are unwilling to try harmful medications? Are you looking for a treatment that will have long-term benefits? If so, give the team at Straight Forward Clinics a call at 02 9972 0040 today to find out how we can help you.
MAKE A BOOKING
BOOK YOUR SESSION NOW
With our five easy steps booking system you can book your session in any time you want, also decide which of our doctor you want to visit.
Book a preferred time now and we will confirm this with you within 48hrs.
We aim to give you freedom through an understanding of how the body works. Through our unique approach we will help you break through previously unresolved issues and you will gain a better understanding of how posture can affect your health.
Poor posture can be the reason for unresolved symptoms such as headaches, back pain, poor sleep, shallow breathing and general lack of energy. We treat the underlying factors contributing to poor posture and we guarantee a positive change in posture in just one visit.
With our help, you will have greater mobility and the freedom to be as active as you would like to be. We help you manage a range of injuries and illnesses, and can reduce or rid you of your pain and discomfort.
FIX YOUR POSTURE
Watch this video to learn how to sit, stand and sleep without affecting your posture.
CHECK YOUR SPINE
meet some of ours team members
Dr HOOMAN ZAHEDI D.C
Hooman was one of the first chiropractors to bring the Advanced Biostructural Correction (ABC)™ technique to Australia and has used his skills to provide pain relief, posture and health advice to his valued clients in Sydney CBD.
Dr SAM GARNER D.C
Sam completed a Bachelor of Chiropractic and Bachelor of Science at Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia. Sam has since owned and ran practices in Western Australia, Scotland and London.
At your first appointment, our Posture Experts will build a complete picture of your health and medical history in order to develop your personalised treatment plan.